Last updated at: 2023-04-01
For the registration of attendees and coaches, we use third-party services to collect and store the data.
The information we collect, if submitted:
- Your full name, required
- You pronouns, required
- Your email address, required
- Experience level, required
- Profile picture, optional
- Food limitations, allergies, optional
- T-shirt size, optional
- Opt-in for childcare services, optional
- Contact information for waiting list, optional
- Contact information for future information, optional
- Any other information you shared with us, optional
- Communications via email or social media
Cookies are files with small amount of data stored on your computer when visiting this website. Some cookies are used to track you. Our websites only sets cookies of its own to track if third party cookies were accepted or not, and loads third-party elements if accepted.
Our websites makes use of third-party services that also set their own cookies if accepted.
Use of your information
The information collected during registration will be used for the organization of the event and communication about the event. We will use the information to contact you about updates to your registration. We will use your information to send you updates about the event.
If you have agreed to receive communication about a waiting list for the event, when a spot opens up, we will reach out to you if you’ve been chosen from the waiting list. If you have agreed to receive communication about future updates, we will contact you when a new event is scheduled.
If you sign up as a coach and agree to publicly list your name on the website, we will add your name to the coaches section once the coach selection is made.
During the event we will take pictures of the people present at the workshop. These pictures will be shared on the Rails Girls The Netherlands websites and social media accounts. If you do not agree to have your likeness shared, please inform the organizers at the day of the workshop and you will not be included in the pictures.
After the event we may also reach out with a feedback form. This information will be collected anonymously.
Your information will not be shared with partners of the event.
You own your own data. We will use your information for the purpose of the event. We may store your information for waiting lists and future event registration, if you gave us permission to do so.
Your rights in regards to us processing your information are:
- Access: Upon request, we will send you all information we currently store about you;
- Rectification: Upon request, update or correct the information we store about you;
- Deletion: Upon request, we will delete all your information. Additional information may be required to verity your identity before deletion. This information will also be deleted along with all your information;
- Restriction: Upon request, limit the information we collect about your person.
To organize Rails Girls Netherlands events, we use third-party services. Listed below are the services we use and for what purpose. By vising our websites or taking part in the events your information may be processed by these services.
- Google Mail
- We use Google Mail to communicate within our team, with partners, with attendees and with coaches.
- Google Forms
- We use Google Forms to receive new registrations for attendees and coaches.
- Google Docs
- Information submitted through Google Forms is stored in Google Docs.
- Google Maps
- A Google Maps element is embedded on our websites to display the event venue location. This is only loaded when you opt-in to setting cookies.
- Our websites are hosted by GitHub using GitHub pages.
- We track some basic page view analytics using Plausible, a privacy-friendly analytics service. No cookies are set by this service.
Links to other sites
We use appropriate tools and implement appropriate techniques to ensure your information is protected. Only organizers have access to the information you submitted to us, and is used to organize the event. All website communication is done over a secure SSL connection.
Changes to this notice